You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage / FaceTime incorrect number

Hey all - I swapped phone numbers from my old SIM to a new carrier, but the iMessage and FaceTime numbers registered remain that of my old number.

The old and incorrect number is ‘greyed out’ and cannot he changed.

how can I change the old number to my existing one under the ‘you can be reached at’ section? People who try to contact me via FaceTime / iMessage cannot do so as it is contacting an old device that I am not using (calls / messages come through on my old phone with no SIM via WiFi).

many thanks.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:54 AM

Have you changed the number on your Apple ID? You need to sign out of Messages/FaceTime to change the number. Once you make the change, allow time for the change to sync. It could take 24 hours. Then sign into Messages/FaceTime and test.

Apple ID - Manage

1 reply

iMessage / FaceTime incorrect number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.