You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated software for ScanSnap S1300i for 64 bit Mac

I received a ScanSnap S1300i scanner for Christmas only to discover that the software is for 32 bit systems and with the newer Mac OS (I am using 10.14.5) with 64 bit architecture. Has anyone found a way to make this work with other software. I am contacting the company Fujitsu to see if they have anything but I don't have high hopes.

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 8:12 AM

You are fine on Mojave which still supports 32-bit and 64-bit applications/drivers.

Fujitsu has released 64-bit support for this scanner on Catalina as ScanSnap Home — but note that they did not update some of the older 32-bit ScanSnap software, and the red ink on their download link for ScanSnap Home should be read first.

There is also the 64-bit VueScan which on Catalina, supports the s1300i without any Fujitsu software or drivers.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2019 8:12 AM in response to Doctodd1

You are fine on Mojave which still supports 32-bit and 64-bit applications/drivers.

Fujitsu has released 64-bit support for this scanner on Catalina as ScanSnap Home — but note that they did not update some of the older 32-bit ScanSnap software, and the red ink on their download link for ScanSnap Home should be read first.

There is also the 64-bit VueScan which on Catalina, supports the s1300i without any Fujitsu software or drivers.

Dec 26, 2019 7:53 AM in response to Doctodd1

Doctodd1 wrote:

I received a ScanSnap S1300i scanner for Christmas only to discover that the software is for 32 bit systems and with the newer Mac OS (I am using 10.14.5) with 64 bit architecture. Has anyone found a way to make this work with other software. I am contacting the company Fujitsu to see if they have anything but I don't have high hopes.
Thanks

Do not confuse "64 bit architecture" with 64-bit applications.

32-bit apps continue to work on macOS 10.14.5 / 10.14.6

32-bit app compatibility with macOS ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/faq/s1300i-mojave.html

Dec 26, 2019 8:20 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for your reply. I am currently downloading Scan Snap Home to see how it looks. Good to know that VueScan can be used in the future if I update to Catalina. I was trying to decide if I need to return the scanner and look for another model that had updated software. I have an older Scansnap scanner that I love, but wanted a more portable unit for work, thus the S1300i.

Updated software for ScanSnap S1300i for 64 bit Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.