You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

My phone has been stolen. If I erase the device on Find my iphone, will it also erase data and photos from my icloud?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:39 AM

5 replies

Dec 28, 2019 10:13 AM in response to aneta290

It looks like you have already done all you can. I suggest that you double check to see if you missed anything by reviewing the steps in the following article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

... and here are some additional references you may find helpful:

Dec 28, 2019 9:51 AM in response to Tesserax

I have changed the password to my icloud straight away. I keep receiving phishing text messages that my phone has been located and link to the website where they are asking to log in with my login and password. I have not provided it. My apple ID has also been blocked as they were trying to log in. I was able to unlock it and again changed the password.

I presume that thieves want to remove the phone from FIND MY IPHONE as I have activated the lost mode.

I know that I will not be able to get it back so I just want to protect my data and erase it but I was concerned that it may delete the data on icloud.

Thank you very much for all the responses.

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.