You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod will not turn of Wemo Smart Plug

I have reset them a thousand times with no avail. My Wemo smart plug works just fine from the iPhone, it shows up in the HomeKit App on the iPhone and I can click it and it turns off and on. My HomePod is setup in the same room on HomeKit. It worked for the first few hours, I could say, “hey Siri turn the lights on” and boom, than it just stopped working, now it says “uh-O there’s a problem please try again.” And never works when trying again. Reset HomePod, reset Wemo, still nothing. I go cleaver and created a shortcut that turns the switch on in the Shortcut app, that worked, it’s a work around that a bit frustrating since you need a unique phrase for off and on and you can’t just say “hey Siri lights”. It’s also not how it is supposed to work so that’s frustrating considering the investment. Please help!!! Apple and Belkin get together and fix your stuff!!!

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 5:24 PM

I have reset my router, it’s a new one supplied by Spectrum, not sure the brand. I see a lot of posts about changing router settings for the homepod Wemo to work, since this a Home product and not a Business product, probably shouldn’t need that many computer skills to get this operational. Belkin and Apple need to work this out, or Apple should take the HomeKit logo off the Belkin product.

Also, I just realized a big problem with the use of my shortcut workaround in the original post. I need to have my phone on the same wifi for the shortcuts to work, Homepod should do this on its own, and it could for about an hour. I should have bought a new bicycle instead, computers, who needs them anyway? I’ve spent two days trying to get my lights to turn on, I could have rode a bike, I want my weekend back.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2019 5:24 PM in response to Tonyewr

I have reset my router, it’s a new one supplied by Spectrum, not sure the brand. I see a lot of posts about changing router settings for the homepod Wemo to work, since this a Home product and not a Business product, probably shouldn’t need that many computer skills to get this operational. Belkin and Apple need to work this out, or Apple should take the HomeKit logo off the Belkin product.

Also, I just realized a big problem with the use of my shortcut workaround in the original post. I need to have my phone on the same wifi for the shortcuts to work, Homepod should do this on its own, and it could for about an hour. I should have bought a new bicycle instead, computers, who needs them anyway? I’ve spent two days trying to get my lights to turn on, I could have rode a bike, I want my weekend back.

HomePod will not turn of Wemo Smart Plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.