You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 12 inch Screen Color Distortion

I had my screen replaced under the Apple's Delaminated Screen program. Everything worked fine until all of sudden the colors on the screen started not loading properly. I am inserting pics for better visualization. The problem is with mostly of the images stored on the computer, as well as in a browser. I have run diagnostics test numerous times which claims there is no hardware issue. I also upgraded to MacOS Catalina but once again no result. Restarted it in safe mode, didn't help.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:09 PM

10 replies

Dec 29, 2019 9:05 AM in response to alexfsd

Looks like it delaminated again, HW test wouldn't see that.

Are those Screen captures or photos of the screen?

Take a screen shot & view that in Preview, move the Preview window around, if you see double lines it's a Video card/VRAM problem, if the lines do not move moving the pic around then it's the LCD or cable.

Dec 29, 2019 4:51 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for your input and suggestions BDAqua.

I’m not a tech savvy but it seems strange to me the screen can get delaminated again only two days into using it (I’ve had the issue for a while now). Besides when I had it delaminated before and I had it for years before taking it to Apple for a different issue and the store person suggested replacing the screen as well there was no problem with color distortion whatsoever.

Anyway, I took a screen shot, opened it in Preview, moved it around - no double lines. I really hope it’s not the screen - this will be very expensive to replace especially that Apple gives only 90 days warranty on the initial replacement. It makes you wander what kind of screen that have put that would need a new replacement after such a short time. My problem is that the closest Apple authorized repair shop is like 3 hours away and they want it there for at least 3 days of diagnostics :(

Dec 31, 2019 9:13 PM in response to BDAqua

Well, you know better. Unfortunately the only thing I couldn't do from the recommended was the plug and test it on an external monitor. I just hope that it will be minor fix - a cable or something. Otherwise, not sure what to say about Apple... A brand new screen to go off in a matter of no time. And the warranty is only 90 days.

MacBook 12 inch Screen Color Distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.