You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Macintosh HD, untitled HD.

I have no where to install a new OS. I was trying to reset the computer, and it seems I’ve deleted too much. I tried option at start up, even tried downloading from USB . But the issue is I don’t have a internal hard drive disk to save anything to. How can I restore or replace the missing hard drive.

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:16 PM

Crissykam12! I did it!! If you have an internal hard drive still listed in your disk utility, then you have to click on it and erase it. (Mine was the apple HDD one in this pic.It’ll ask you to rename it, so rename it and this will be your new drive to put the operating system in. After you erase it and give it a new name, go back to the recovery, then click on download Mac OS. It then gave me the new drive to click on to put it in. After 3 hours, my computer is up and running again. Good luck!!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2020 4:16 PM in response to CrissyKam12

Crissykam12! I did it!! If you have an internal hard drive still listed in your disk utility, then you have to click on it and erase it. (Mine was the apple HDD one in this pic.It’ll ask you to rename it, so rename it and this will be your new drive to put the operating system in. After you erase it and give it a new name, go back to the recovery, then click on download Mac OS. It then gave me the new drive to click on to put it in. After 3 hours, my computer is up and running again. Good luck!!

Deleted Macintosh HD, untitled HD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.