You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to update my daughter's iPad

I want to update my daughters iPad it is running 9.3.5 and will not allow most apps on it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 4:09 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2019 11:26 AM in response to hughes115

That iPad is nearing 7, 8 or 9-years old,,now.

As of the beginning of 2019, many, MANY third party app developers are all more quickly and completely dropping app support for all old 7, 8 and 9-year iPads that are running 2-3 year old and earlier iOS versions.

Getting older versions of app for these old iPad models, initially from Apple’s iOS App Store is getting to be very difficult and problematic, now, and will only be getting much worse in the year 2020.

These old iPads are now reaching their end of life.

Time to consider a new or discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple.

If an old iPad that can no longer be upgraded or updated, then there will be no more apps available for initial download at all, soon, from the Apple iOS App Store, for such old iOS devices in the very near future.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

I want to update my daughter's iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.