You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you share an iCloud Drive folder and allow another person access to all the files in the folder for editing and download?

I would like to share the contents of a folder in iCloud Drive with my wife. She is also using iCloud with our shared storage plan. Can I designate a folder for sharing and allow her to have access to all the files. I would also like her to be able to add files to the shared folder and edit and download files in the folder. Do I need to use something like Dropbox to get this kind of functionality or can I do it in iCloud?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:56 PM

You can share files in iCloud, but you can't share folders. Dropbox would probably work better if the folder has more than a couple of files.

1 reply

Can you share an iCloud Drive folder and allow another person access to all the files in the folder for editing and download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.