You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver Canon Scanner 8800F

Since Catalina (late 2019), I cannot use my CanoScan 8800F at all. The driver is too old. I downloaded a new one (link found on this site) but still does not work. Any solution anyone? would really appreciate. I have another scanner, but not from slides to pictures. Thanks a lot.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 2:14 PM

10 replies

Jan 2, 2020 2:57 PM in response to gbeardsell

This is an ancient scanner product, and it is almost a certainty that Canon has long since abandoned driver support for it. The paid, 64-bit VueScan Professional supports this scanner (flatbed/film scanning) without the installation of any Canon software or drivers.

I suggested the Professional version of VueScan because it is a single purchase with no future update expense. I know this because I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010, and have never paid another cent, despite several updates, which are frequent. I receive no compensation or other benefits from this vendor for mentioning there product here.

Jan 2, 2020 2:59 PM in response to Barney-15E

VueScan is not very helpful. They refused last week to cooperate, saying I did not buy from them. Dry and short email! And of course, when you try what they send as a link, it comes with a watermark 'vueScan - buy now'....... I might have to go back to 32-bit to slve my problem of scanning about 200-300 slides (writing a book on family history). Thanks for a quick reply. I might just buy the driver from VueScan before.

Jan 2, 2020 3:08 PM in response to gbeardsell

gbeardsell Said:

"driver Canon Scanner 8800F: Since Catalina (late 2019), I cannot use my CanoScan 8800F at all. The driver is too old. I downloaded a new one (link found on this site) but still does not work. Any solution anyone? would really appreciate. I have another scanner, but not from slides to pictures. Thanks a lot."

-------

Chat with Canon Support: Canon Maintenance Service — Canon Support - Perform a chat with the Manufacturer (Canon). See what they (The Manufacturer) have to say, about troubleshooting this. They would most-likely have firsthand knowledge of this.

Jan 2, 2020 5:57 PM in response to gbeardsell

gbeardsell, I feel your pain.

I had the same issue with the CanoScan 9000F. It seems that Canon has abandoned support for Apple. I have Windows 10 on my Mac via Boot Camp and the 9000F is still supported on Windows.

A lot of the work-abouts out there do work well, but they are close to the price of a new scanner. So why bother as in a year it may be obsolete again?

driver Canon Scanner 8800F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.