You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book sign up at App Store

So basically I need to update an app but it keeps on prompting me to sign up with a different Apple ID despite me already logging in with my Apple ID. So I erase the Apple ID that was preemptively placed and type in my Apple ID and password, then it again asks me for the Apple ID with the same different Apple ID placed there. I cant seem to figure out what to do any help? Also currently using Catalina as an OS

MacBook

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 4:03 PM

5 replies

Jan 2, 2020 4:20 PM in response to Raarkarc

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

mac book sign up at App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.