You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weather app

My weather app icon disappeared. So I reloaded the weather app. But the icon does not appear on my phone. I can go to the apple store and open the app, but I'd like the icon on my phone to click on.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:55 PM

Hello MKH28,

Its possible that the Weather application may have been moved to another page or even folder. Based off the info you provided, we know the app successfully downloaded, as the App Store offers you an (Open) option vs. a download/cloud icon. So this tells me the app itself is either on another page or in a folder someplace.

Please swipe left or right, depending on how many pages you have and what page you're currently on and carefully inspect each page, including looking into each folder for the icon.

By default when an App is deleted and re-downloaded, its generally placed on Page 2 if any room exists. Otherwise it will be on Page 3, or 4 etc. depending on which page has room for it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 1:55 PM in response to MKH28

Hello MKH28,

Its possible that the Weather application may have been moved to another page or even folder. Based off the info you provided, we know the app successfully downloaded, as the App Store offers you an (Open) option vs. a download/cloud icon. So this tells me the app itself is either on another page or in a folder someplace.

Please swipe left or right, depending on how many pages you have and what page you're currently on and carefully inspect each page, including looking into each folder for the icon.

By default when an App is deleted and re-downloaded, its generally placed on Page 2 if any room exists. Otherwise it will be on Page 3, or 4 etc. depending on which page has room for it.

weather app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.