You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone get a pop up stating Apple needs to make changes and to enter your password. This pops up every time I log on.

A notice that "Apple needs to make changes to your computer and request password" comes on my screen every time I log on. Does anyone else have this and is it a legitimate notice?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:27 PM

Download and run the free Malwarebytes for Mac. You may have mal/adware causing this dialog, and Malwarebytes will likely (silently) remove it. Reboot to verify the dialog has been resolved. There is a uninstall menu item in the Malwarebytes Help menu, if you choose.

1 reply

Does anyone get a pop up stating Apple needs to make changes and to enter your password. This pops up every time I log on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.