You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad suddenly not letting me enter settings to verify passwords etc

I can't open settings in my ipad to verify passwords for google, etc. When I hit settings with name, etc on it, it just spins. Tried turning it off and on a couple of times, same thing. What can i do?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 10:16 AM

So to confirm, this settings problem is effecting more than just Google logins?

Have you tried rebooting your Wi-Fi router, or using a different Wi-Fi network, or using cellular if that’s available with this iPad? Try a different Wi-Fi network if you can. That’ll eliminate the network as a source of problems.

If the problem is happening across networks, and if this problem is effecting more than just Google, and given you’ve rebooted, then I’d next try reloading..

Connect to a Mac or Windows computer, back up your iPad, reload iPadOS 13, and re-load from your backup. This backup—if it completes—can also be a potential path for recovery should this iPad have a hardware problem.

iCloud can also be used for backups if that’s been enabled, but that tends to be much slower than a local backup to a Mac or Windows system. And if it’s not been enabled, it doesn’t yet exist, which’ll make it even slower as it’ll all have to upload. (And if the network isn’t working well, or if there’s a hardware problem with this iPad, then, well... it might not work at all.)

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

The following are supplemental articles, and probably won’t be needed here.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2020 10:16 AM in response to barbarafromhillsdale

So to confirm, this settings problem is effecting more than just Google logins?

Have you tried rebooting your Wi-Fi router, or using a different Wi-Fi network, or using cellular if that’s available with this iPad? Try a different Wi-Fi network if you can. That’ll eliminate the network as a source of problems.

If the problem is happening across networks, and if this problem is effecting more than just Google, and given you’ve rebooted, then I’d next try reloading..

Connect to a Mac or Windows computer, back up your iPad, reload iPadOS 13, and re-load from your backup. This backup—if it completes—can also be a potential path for recovery should this iPad have a hardware problem.

iCloud can also be used for backups if that’s been enabled, but that tends to be much slower than a local backup to a Mac or Windows system. And if it’s not been enabled, it doesn’t yet exist, which’ll make it even slower as it’ll all have to upload. (And if the network isn’t working well, or if there’s a hardware problem with this iPad, then, well... it might not work at all.)

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

The following are supplemental articles, and probably won’t be needed here.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup - Apple Support

ipad suddenly not letting me enter settings to verify passwords etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.