You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot perform the new security update 2019-007 on my iMac. It closes down and do'es not restart

I have mac OS High Sierra, vers. 10.13.6. - Seriesnr. W8023M1BDAS. - Cannot update. It closes down, a little curser-arrow remains in the bottom of the now black screen, and nothing more. I myself have to first shut down and then restart, but the update has not found place. What to do? Joergen Kristensen

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 2:08 PM

15 replies

Jan 7, 2020 8:40 AM in response to BDAqua

Sorry, but I have a remaining problem, a new one following the first one: When now shutting down my Mac by shortcut from my keyboard by using ctrl from the lower left and arrow up to the upper right at the same time >>> and then pressing SLEEP, my Mac doe's not go to normal sleep with lower current-consumption. The consumption is unchanged. The screen goes to black, the curser-arrow is minimized and goes to the upper left corner, but the current-consumption is normal as by me measured here and now. To get zero current-consumption I have to shut down normally on backside of my Mac by mainswitch. Which is also a necessecary step before starting up again! So my ''shortcut shutting down'' from the keyboard does not work properly! Hope, you can help me.

Yours Joergen Kristensen

Jan 7, 2020 9:41 AM in response to bjktml

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report...

https://pastebin.com/

Or use the paperclip at the bottom of a Reply to attach the full report here. :)

Jan 9, 2020 4:23 PM in response to bjktml

Thanks, this is not good...

Virtual Memory Information:

Physical RAM: 8 GB

Free RAM: 31 MB

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

See if it improves after deleting these files & restarting...

~/Library/LaunchAgents/jp.co.canon.Inkjet_Extended_Survey_Agent.plist

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.***.plist

~ tilde indicates hidden Home Library.
Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:
	1	From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
	2	In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Cannot perform the new security update 2019-007 on my iMac. It closes down and do'es not restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.