You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my child put a passcode in my ipad and its disabled. i followed directions up to find devide on your computer. does it just pop up on screen or do i look somewhere?

I cant find my device on the computer to continue with the unlock process.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 2:27 PM

It sounds like you are referring to the following step in If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Locate your device on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. Finder or iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2-4.

If so, did you click on the link to Locate and view your connected device on your computer - Apple Support

and review the information there?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2020 2:27 PM in response to sweetiepie-1

It sounds like you are referring to the following step in If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Locate your device on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. Finder or iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2-4.

If so, did you click on the link to Locate and view your connected device on your computer - Apple Support

and review the information there?

my child put a passcode in my ipad and its disabled. i followed directions up to find devide on your computer. does it just pop up on screen or do i look somewhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.