You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone X cannot be detected by Apple Carplay in my Lexus ES 2019.

Everything used to work well. Suddenly, this iPhone X is no longer able to be recognized by my car. I tried several other USB cables and updated the phone to the latest version, IOS 13.3, but it still didn't work. It seems like my iPhone is the only phone that is not being able to connect to carplay in this car. My other iPhones work pretty well. Interestingly, I used the iPhone X to connect to my friend's Acura, and it worked! I don't know why this iphone X and the ES just stopped getting along with each other all in a sudden. I am wondering what is really going on. Please help!

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 4:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 8, 2020 4:48 PM in response to healthyxhl23

Hello healthyxhl23,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue connecting to CarPlay. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone

Specifically, the "Get help section."

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

Jan 10, 2020 3:16 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried everything I could. I restarted both my car and the iPhoneX. I reset the phone’s content and privacy settings. Rebooted the car’s infotainment system. Tried forget device before reconnecting to CarPlay. Tried different cables and usb outlets. Didn’t work! One thing that appears to happen is that when I plug in the phone to the car, it charges normally (Battery sign turns green). But soon, the battery sign disconnects for a few seconds (black). And then it charges normally again, while it is still not recognized by CarPlay.

My iphone X cannot be detected by Apple Carplay in my Lexus ES 2019.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.