You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high sierra Create a DVD disk image

Trying to create a CD/DVD image that will be used on a windows device. I tried following the Apple instructions:

https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/create-a-disk-image-dskutl11888/16.0/mac/10.13

But when I do it I get a Status 22: invalid argument. About as helpful as teats on a bull. I've searched for this status code but nothing. Here are the screenshots, what argument do I have wrong? I've tried a number of combinations all with the same message.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:06 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jan 7, 2020 3:57 PM in response to BDAqua

Yeah, I have other software that will burn directly to the DVD instead of creating a disk image first, but I wanted to try this method. I wish they would expend a few extra bytes to actually provide a usable error message. If I had provided a message like that to my end users I would have been fired before it went into production.

Jan 7, 2020 4:10 PM in response to BDAqua

Oh, yeah, it works. I've done it often. It just takes more steps to do than when you could just drag the files onto a blank DVD. It creates a directory of files, nice for when burning music or videos, a waste when just burning files. Also, it's no longer a supported product, I imagine I won't be able to use it if/when I can upgrade to a newer Mac OS (when I have to upgrade the computer).

high sierra Create a DVD disk image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.