You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I unlock this phone do I lose all my photos?

It says if I unlock my IPhone with the computer I lose my data does that include my photos?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 5:23 PM

If your device is disabled or you don’t know the screen lock passcode, then the only thing you can do is erase the device. Without a backup already in place, yes, you will lose the data on the device. IOS is deliberately designed this way - without knowing the screen lock passcode, nobody can access a device’s contents. All they can do is erase the device to reset the passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2020 5:23 PM in response to pjsmith55

If your device is disabled or you don’t know the screen lock passcode, then the only thing you can do is erase the device. Without a backup already in place, yes, you will lose the data on the device. IOS is deliberately designed this way - without knowing the screen lock passcode, nobody can access a device’s contents. All they can do is erase the device to reset the passcode.

If I unlock this phone do I lose all my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.