You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad unexpected shutdown

My iPad unexpectedly shuts down. There is usually power available 50%...75%... When I try to restart it will show battery is low, in the red and need to be charged. If I wait a couple minutes and not plug in to charge it will restart to the actual power available. Does anyone have this problem?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 7:06 AM

The behaviour that you describe, in relation to unexpected shut-down and changing battery charge indication, is typical of impending battery failure.

You would perhaps be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Apple Store - where you device can be tested and assessed by an Apple technician - and your options for battery or device replacement explored.

I hope you find this to be helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2020 7:06 AM in response to Wdwlvr

The behaviour that you describe, in relation to unexpected shut-down and changing battery charge indication, is typical of impending battery failure.

You would perhaps be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Apple Store - where you device can be tested and assessed by an Apple technician - and your options for battery or device replacement explored.

I hope you find this to be helpful.

ipad unexpected shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.