You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MackBook Air adjusting Date and Time

I can't make changes to the Date and Time. It shows Dec 31st 2018. I can't select any of the buttons in the Time and Date preference box. I can't also get any updates. How do I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Ruti

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 8:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 3:38 PM

Here are two more things to try:

1. Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Download macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update

If the first step is not successful in correcting the problem, download in install the Combo Update.

5 replies

Jan 11, 2020 12:07 PM in response to rutiy

rutiy wrote:

I tried safe mode as you suggested and no change. I can't log onto the internet to update Catalina.. Trying to upload it I got the message that due to the fact that my clock is off I can't connect to the internet.

Using System Preferences...can you access and change Language & Region? Change Language & Region General preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Pay specific attention to the Dates/Times tabs: Change how dates, times, and more display on Mac - Apple Support. Try using the "Restore Defaults" on those tabs.

Could you explain what you mean when you say, "I can't log onto the internet...?" Do you have a modem/router problem?

MackBook Air adjusting Date and Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.