You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 broken home button

Hey, i have been struggling for so long, on how to find a way to open my iphone 7. It has a broken home button, and the only way to proceed with the language settings, the internet settings, etc. Is by using the home button. I have also tried to connect it to my pc via usb but it wont connect to the pc? If anyone knows a solution i would be happy!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 7:30 AM

4 replies

Jan 10, 2020 8:22 AM in response to tenee256

tenee256 wrote:
so basically just let apple replace the home button?

Usually a new home button is included with a complete screen assembly. At least with Apple.

There are some third party repair places that have attached salvaged working home buttons as well as aftermarket home buttons. However, that will only allow for home button functionality and not Touch ID functionality. For Touch ID, the home button has to be paired to the CPU via Apple's proprietary Horizon Machine. Attaching another home button is also "unauthorized repair" and Apple may decline any further service as a result.

Iphone 7 broken home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.