You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my notes from my iPhone to my Mac. I don't use iCloud. I back up my iPhone to my computer. Can I get my iPhone notes from a backup file on my computer?

How can I get my notes from my iPhone to my Mac. I don't use iCloud. I back up my iPhone to my computer. Can I get my iPhone notes from a backup file on my computer?

NB

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 11:29 AM

If using iCloud you can transfer all notes, if using Airdrop you can transfer one at a time.

1. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone and Mac.

2. Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection on iPhone and Mac. Please remain the two devices within about 30 feet to be discoverable with AirDrop.

3. Open the Notes app on your iPhone and open the one you want to sync to Mac.

4. Tap the Share button in the top right corner, tap AirDrop and choose your Mac device from the available list. Next, go to your Mac, and tap "Accept" on the pop-up window to save notes on your Mac. When the process finished, open "Notes" app on your Mac to check the synced files. Repeat step 3 & 4 if you have batches of notes to be transferred to Mac with AirDrop.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2020 11:29 AM in response to NetBlueBB

If using iCloud you can transfer all notes, if using Airdrop you can transfer one at a time.

1. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone and Mac.

2. Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection on iPhone and Mac. Please remain the two devices within about 30 feet to be discoverable with AirDrop.

3. Open the Notes app on your iPhone and open the one you want to sync to Mac.

4. Tap the Share button in the top right corner, tap AirDrop and choose your Mac device from the available list. Next, go to your Mac, and tap "Accept" on the pop-up window to save notes on your Mac. When the process finished, open "Notes" app on your Mac to check the synced files. Repeat step 3 & 4 if you have batches of notes to be transferred to Mac with AirDrop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.