You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Recovery Request My Old Apple ID

Hi Guys,

I really need your help! So today I try to reinstall my Macbook Pro 15 inch 2019, I access Disk Recovery from Restart and press Command + R to access that.

But the problem is when I try to delete Macintosh HD, it request login from my old email Apple ID which is I already updated long time ago. It request to login to turn off Finy My Mac.

When I try to restart, apple logo is appear but the fan in spinning fast and restart again, and same happen.

I cant access the desktop anymore which is already delete Macintosh HD - Data before

Can you guys help?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 5:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:09 PM

I'm not sure if this will help, but within Disk Utility in Recovery Mode click on "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the whole physical drive appears in the left pane of Disk Utility. Erase the whole physical drive as GUID partition and APFS (top option). Then you should be able to reinstall macOS. In theory this should bypass your immediate issue of reinstalling macOS.

As far as removing the AppleID association with this laptop you may need to contact Apple and provide your original proof of purchase to disassociate the old AppleID from this system if you no longer have access to the old AppleID.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2020 2:09 PM in response to broewnis

I'm not sure if this will help, but within Disk Utility in Recovery Mode click on "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the whole physical drive appears in the left pane of Disk Utility. Erase the whole physical drive as GUID partition and APFS (top option). Then you should be able to reinstall macOS. In theory this should bypass your immediate issue of reinstalling macOS.

As far as removing the AppleID association with this laptop you may need to contact Apple and provide your original proof of purchase to disassociate the old AppleID from this system if you no longer have access to the old AppleID.

Macbook Pro Recovery Request My Old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.