You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a monitor to MacBook Air

I have a new (6 months) MacBook Air, which I broke the monitor. How can I attach an external monitor to allow me to use the computer until I get a replacement screen?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 11:49 AM

OK so it is a MacBook Air 2019 model. This one has two USB-C Ports. I assume that one of them is used to supply power to the laptop. You will need a Monitor that has either a USB-C port or a HDMI port or both. Then it is just a matter of getting a cable to match. You will need either a USB-C to USB-C cable or a USB-C to HDMI depending on the Monitor.

Here is some more information on the external display Use an external display with your MacBook Air - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 11:49 AM in response to bayly13

OK so it is a MacBook Air 2019 model. This one has two USB-C Ports. I assume that one of them is used to supply power to the laptop. You will need a Monitor that has either a USB-C port or a HDMI port or both. Then it is just a matter of getting a cable to match. You will need either a USB-C to USB-C cable or a USB-C to HDMI depending on the Monitor.

Here is some more information on the external display Use an external display with your MacBook Air - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

Adding a monitor to MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.