You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just recieved a receipt from Apple for an app I did not order. What should I do?

I just received a receipt on my iPhone from Apple. I did not order this item. Any comments on steps I can take will be appreciated. Of course I would love to call Apple but don't know the number?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 9:45 AM

Are you sure you've actually been charged for anything? Thousands of scam emails or text messages like this go out every day. The goal is to get you to click on a link to cancel the purchase, verify your account, or something similar. Apple's real iTunes or App Store purchase receipts NEVER:

1. Include such links.
  2. Include attachments.
  3. Read as is someone just started learning English last week.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 9:45 AM in response to TheRocky14

Are you sure you've actually been charged for anything? Thousands of scam emails or text messages like this go out every day. The goal is to get you to click on a link to cancel the purchase, verify your account, or something similar. Apple's real iTunes or App Store purchase receipts NEVER:

1. Include such links.
  2. Include attachments.
  3. Read as is someone just started learning English last week.

I just recieved a receipt from Apple for an app I did not order. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.