You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Phone Issue

I decided to try the Find My Phone app (even the my phone is not lost) but encountered a problem. When I logged into the cloud/manage account and tried to use Find my phone, it asked me for the two-step verification code. I started thinking, if my phone actually lost, how am I going to get the two-step code? I tried to find how to turn off two-step verification and could not find how. Then I read, once you start with 2-setp and you're beyond 2 weeks, you cannot turn off 2-step, you are stuck with it. So, I went into my phone settings and turned off Find My Phone location service until I have a work around. I do not have another device other than my home computer, so I would need a 2-step verification to go to an email address rather than my phone. The question is, can a 2-step code be sent to an email address?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:17 PM

You don't need the two-factor authentication code to find your phone. You can use any computer internet browser and log into icloud.com/find (note the /find) without being asked for a code. The other alternative is to log into icloud.com (without the /find) and when the two-factor dialog appears, ignore it and click the Quick Access to Find My icon that appears below it.

Even though you can locate a lost device without using a two-factor code, for other reasons I would encourage you to set up multiple trusted phone numbers. They can be Android phones, landlines, friends' or relatives' phones. See the following for more information: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 6:17 PM in response to CC1962

You don't need the two-factor authentication code to find your phone. You can use any computer internet browser and log into icloud.com/find (note the /find) without being asked for a code. The other alternative is to log into icloud.com (without the /find) and when the two-factor dialog appears, ignore it and click the Quick Access to Find My icon that appears below it.

Even though you can locate a lost device without using a two-factor code, for other reasons I would encourage you to set up multiple trusted phone numbers. They can be Android phones, landlines, friends' or relatives' phones. See the following for more information: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Find My Phone Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.