You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch won't turn on

I have a series 3 Apple watch and it won't turn on. I have had it plugged to a charger that I know works, because I also have a series 5 and it worked with the charger. What else can I try other than pressing and holding the 2 buttons for 10-15 seconds?

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 7:35 AM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2020 6:08 PM in response to jenniferndyer

Hey jenniferndyer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about your Apple Watch not powering on as expected. I'd be glad to see how I can help.

From what you mentioned, it sounds like you've run through most of the steps in If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on, which is a great resource for when your Apple Watch has power or charging issues.

Is your charging cable the one that came with your Apple Watch, or are you using a third-party cable or charging station? If possible, we want to make sure we're using the cable that came with your Apple Watch, and you might need to let it sit on the charger for several minutes before it powers back on.

If the Apple Watch is totally out of power, and it isn't reacting to force restarts or to the charging cable, you may want to get it inspected. You can learn more about that in Apple Watch Service and Repair.

Thanks for your question and have a great day!

Apple watch won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.