You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tagging photos with keyword does not work

When I click information on a photo to add a keyword, the only thing I can select is title. Description, Keyword and location are not highlighted.

I'm not sure when or why this option stopped. How can I fix this?

I recently updated to MacOSCatalina, so I'm not sure if that is when it happened or not.

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 4:34 AM

I'm using the "Photos" app on my Mac. I did get it to work...

I had to open photos preferences and click on library location to select (current location) and click "use as system library"

now it works!

thank you Leonie

5 replies

Jan 15, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Hydrodoc

In your screenshot you have 37 photos selected, not just one. But I can add keywords to multiple selected photos in Photos 5.2 on Catalina. Even if "Add a keyword" is dimmed, I can still click into the keyword field and type the keyword. Where are you selecting the photos? You cannot add keywords to photos in Shared albums or in the Recently Deleted album. You have to sae the photos to the library, before you can do that.

tagging photos with keyword does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.