You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emptying trash

I have a 2010 Mini, OS 10.13.6.

I have a backup drive that was full. I opened the drive and put some of it, probably a lot, in the trash. Now I can't get it out of the trash and my machine is running slowly. How can I get empty the trash?

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 6:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 7:43 PM

It is a big no, no, to trash Time Machine backups. If that is what you have done? Then you need to completely erase your Time Machine drive and start over. If you need proof of what I'm saying, eject and disconnect your Time Machine backup drive and then see if that doesn't fix your trash problem.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2020 7:43 PM in response to midwestfun

It is a big no, no, to trash Time Machine backups. If that is what you have done? Then you need to completely erase your Time Machine drive and start over. If you need proof of what I'm saying, eject and disconnect your Time Machine backup drive and then see if that doesn't fix your trash problem.

emptying trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.