You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Notes

Notes always loses coloures textes and does me nerve-racking... Why?

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 1:56 PM

Szmerton,

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify did you make sure your notes are upgraded? Also, are you syncing Notes to iCloud or some other service? If you're not syncing to iCloud, try creating a note that is saved to iCloud and see if the same issue happens:

What is iCloud Notes? - Apple Support

Have a great day.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2020 1:56 PM in response to Szmerton

Szmerton,

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify did you make sure your notes are upgraded? Also, are you syncing Notes to iCloud or some other service? If you're not syncing to iCloud, try creating a note that is saved to iCloud and see if the same issue happens:

What is iCloud Notes? - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Jan 19, 2020 1:52 PM in response to Szmerton

Hello Szmerton,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your notes are loosing their formatting; I'd like to help.

Just to verify, you're using the steps found in this article:

Write and format notes on Mac - Apple Support

If you are, make sure your notes are upgraded:

Notes User Guide - Apple Support

If you try all of these steps and still have issues, reach out to Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Feb 12, 2020 6:31 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

Now I can send you again for example about really Note’s problem. However now on my iMac (with newest Mac OS X Catalina) is still ok, but my iPhone shows me errors of Note through iCloud. This can often reflect back for iMac.

I can send some photos from iPhone through iCloud and you can see them.

I hope Apple technicians or/and softwaremakers can read here our messages for recognizing instantly and repairing errors.

Thank you very much for your reading me messages and answer too.

Sincerely yours.

Jan 20, 2020 9:51 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hello Jeremy_V,

Thank you very much for helping me, but I'd like to make it clear that the most common problem with red and sometimes orange font formatting is that they always become basic black over time ... They are really annoying and I have often had to reset them.

But the rest of the colors stay in the note or spreadsheet. Okay. Older operating systems have never encountered similar problems.

I hope to find the source of the problem mentioned above.

Best regards,

Szmerton

Feb 7, 2020 7:35 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Dear Alex_h1,

Thank you for helping me. Yes, iCloud had really Problem! As if it were reflecting. Because I thought my computer (with newest operating system) would permanently record my typed datas, textes, and its original quality too. Then iCloud automatically takes over. But it turned out no to be... So I have to wait a little time and patience to confirm. The Note does not have a "save", so all this happens automatically. Although logically correct, but I have to look, which is really annoying. And I hope Apple fixes the bug.

Have a nice day,

Szmerton

Problems with Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.