You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing/Hack Attempt

Hello!

I just received this email with an attachment (See attached). I think it is a fake. Anyone else receive something of this type?

Thanks much,

David

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:10 AM

The usual baloney. Notice the poor English and grammar. Apple will never refer to you as "customer". And while this one isn't as bad as many I've seen, they capitalized Please after a comma.

This may not sound like much for evidence, but Apple is very particular about sending out communications with proper spelling and grammar. When you see anything like this, it's a virtual certainty to be a scam.

Also, appleidapple.com is a not an Apple domain.

I'm going to request the hosts remove the image as it shows your personal email address. Not something you want visible on a public forum.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2020 6:10 AM in response to Lillydawg17B

The usual baloney. Notice the poor English and grammar. Apple will never refer to you as "customer". And while this one isn't as bad as many I've seen, they capitalized Please after a comma.

This may not sound like much for evidence, but Apple is very particular about sending out communications with proper spelling and grammar. When you see anything like this, it's a virtual certainty to be a scam.

Also, appleidapple.com is a not an Apple domain.

I'm going to request the hosts remove the image as it shows your personal email address. Not something you want visible on a public forum.

Phishing/Hack Attempt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.