You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you can't locate your phone and you are trying to locate it through "find my phone" how can you log in if you won't know the verification code?

If you can't locate your phone and you are trying to locate it through "find my phone" how can you log in if you won't know the verification code?

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:02 AM

You can use any computer internet browser and log into icloud.com/find without being asked for a two-factor verification code. Note the "/find."

Another method is to log into icloud.com (without the /find) and ignore the two-factor request that appears and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below the two-factor window,

From an iPhone, see the following from Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Macallan12

You can use any computer internet browser and log into icloud.com/find without being asked for a two-factor verification code. Note the "/find."

Another method is to log into icloud.com (without the /find) and ignore the two-factor request that appears and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below the two-factor window,

From an iPhone, see the following from Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.