You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cellular data does not work for some apps

I can't turn on my cellular data on some apps. It works on games, social medias, but except browser, reddit and some other apps. When I allow cellular data on a app and then turn it on it wont connect me and when I go back the list updates and turns off cellular data on that app.

It is pretty annoying at this point

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 6:30 AM

Hey there Skaarl,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with using cellular data on certain apps on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

If cellular data is enabled for these apps in Settings > Cellular, turn the feature off, restart your iPhone, and turn it back on.

Restart your iPhone

See if this has any impact on the issue. You may also want to make sure the apps and your iPhone are up to date to further isolate this. These links can help you back up and update:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

This link can help you update your apps:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If that doesn’t work, delete one of the apps in question, restart, and install the app back onto your device ensuring the cellular settings are on. 

View or change cellular settings on iPhone

Let me know if this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2020 6:30 AM in response to Skaarl

Hey there Skaarl,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with using cellular data on certain apps on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

If cellular data is enabled for these apps in Settings > Cellular, turn the feature off, restart your iPhone, and turn it back on.

Restart your iPhone

See if this has any impact on the issue. You may also want to make sure the apps and your iPhone are up to date to further isolate this. These links can help you back up and update:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

This link can help you update your apps:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If that doesn’t work, delete one of the apps in question, restart, and install the app back onto your device ensuring the cellular settings are on. 

View or change cellular settings on iPhone

Let me know if this helps.

cellular data does not work for some apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.