You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air won’t update?

How do i get my macbook air to update? i’ve tried updating multiple times and it will not finish the update.. i’m getting aggravated because i do my college work online and the computer is starting to go slow... someone help!!

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:45 PM

First, get a backup. Complete and current. Preserve your data, on the off chance this is a corruption or a hardware problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the update (minor charges) or upgrade (big changes) works.

Then... remove any add-on anti-malware or anti-virus, add-on cleaners, add-on VPN clients, add-on firewalls, etc., and try again.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2020 6:45 PM in response to tierra296

First, get a backup. Complete and current. Preserve your data, on the off chance this is a corruption or a hardware problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the update (minor charges) or upgrade (big changes) works.

Then... remove any add-on anti-malware or anti-virus, add-on cleaners, add-on VPN clients, add-on firewalls, etc., and try again.

Macbook air won’t update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.