You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID on iPad without changing password or signing out on every Apple device i have in my control.

I cannot change my iPad that I have not used since my Apple ID was changed. All my other Apple devices have the new Apple ID and the same password used for Apple support. The only way to change the obsolete Apple ID is to change my password on ALL my other devices.

Simple question: How to change the Apple ID on one device with having to change a password happily used by all my other devices?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 6:22 AM

I would suggest that you treat it as if you were selling it

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then set it up as a new device with the new Apple ID. You will lose all data on that device, as well as access to purchased apps. THat’s the trade off. Data and apps are tied to an Apple ID. Change that ID, lose that data.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Groundrunner

I would suggest that you treat it as if you were selling it

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then set it up as a new device with the new Apple ID. You will lose all data on that device, as well as access to purchased apps. THat’s the trade off. Data and apps are tied to an Apple ID. Change that ID, lose that data.

Change Apple ID on iPad without changing password or signing out on every Apple device i have in my control.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.