You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders have been deleted after the catalina update

Two folders have been deleted on my Mac air after the Catalina update. They were placed under favorites in the finder-function. What can I do? I haven't used the time machine to secure my folders before this update....

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 12:41 PM

What was the source of the folders? If they were folders you dragged into the Finder sidebar they should still be in their original location and you can just drag them back. If they were "Smart Folders" you can just recreate them.

Create or change a Smart Folder on Mac - Apple Support

8 replies

Jan 21, 2020 1:04 PM in response to tennalau

Hard to say but, if for example you wanted to search for all PDFs, you could do a search for PDFs then save the results which would be a folder with only PDFs in it.

However, Are you thinking of what used to be labeled "All My Files"? That was removed. If you are thinking of the "Recents" folder, open Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and check the Recents box.

Folders have been deleted after the catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.