You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help!

Hi everyone! So I recently bought an ipod touch. I have an older model of ipod touch but its starting to fall apart, hence buying a new one. I have loads of songs on the old one that I’ve been treasuring for over 10 years. I did back it up on my mac, thinking everything will be save there so it will be ready to transfer to the new ipod. So I set up the new ipod, restore it from the old ipod only to find out that the songs that have been transferred were the only one I bought off itunes, while other hundreds didnt. So i plugged in my old ipod again, songs were there but cant figure why they didnt transfer so I ended up doing auto music fill and I accidentally replace all those songs with just the songs I bought off itunes so now all those hundreds of songs have been wiped off, and I’m trying to find a way to get them back. If anyone knows how to do it, please help me. I am devastated! 😭

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:21 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately you would have to synchronize your new iPod with the computer you had originally synchronized your old iPod with (which contains your music).

1 reply

Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.