You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo app on imac v 10.15.2 os catalina is not updating & is stuck at 3 %.Any quick & viable solutions to this problem which is very annoying.

My photo app on imac v 10.15.2 os catalina is not updating & is stuck at 3 %.Any quick & viable solutions to this problem which is very annoying.Thank u.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 10:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 10:36 PM

This process may take some time. Photos is curating and scanning for face recognition.

Put Photos in the background and allow the machine to do its thing overnight. Depending on the number of photos you have in your library it could easily take several hours.

Similar questions

1 reply

My photo app on imac v 10.15.2 os catalina is not updating & is stuck at 3 %.Any quick & viable solutions to this problem which is very annoying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.