You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder crashing almost daily

It seems like at least once a day I will try to open a finder window, and get the spinning beach ball, which never goes away and I end up having to restart. If I try to relaunch finder via Force Quit, it doesn't relaunch, forcing a restart. I've tried trashing the finder plist, with no improvement. Quite simply, I'm at a loss - this is worse behavior than any previous mac OS I've ever dealt with. I will have to revert to Mojave if a solution can't be found. Any advice is welcome!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:57 PM

Try running Disk Utility First Aid to see if the file system needs repaired.

Try creating a new user account to see if you have the same issues.

See if the same thing happens while booted into Safe Mode.

2 replies

Jan 31, 2020 3:11 PM in response to HWTech

Your second two options weren't really viable - I need to actually be using my mac, not messing around with trouble shooting. But I did do the first suggestion, and it seemed to help. Also the latest upgrade to 10.15.3 seemed to really help. Once again, it really helps to wait until version 3 of any new OS because apple can't seem to do their beta testing in house.

Finder crashing almost daily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.