You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard issues -some keys not showing

Since upgrading to Catalina several weeks ago, I am seeing constant issues with typing. The "K" key is one of the worst offenders, but other keys skip and leave blanks or just record the next letter in a sentence. Using default Apple blue tooth keyboard, USB and wireless have same result. ANSI wired keyboard works more reliably. I reset the PRAM last night and it made no difference. I can't type anything without fixing each affected word. Some typing issues existed prior to the Catalina upgrade, but Apple tech was unable to identify a problem.

What causes this and how to fix?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 3:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 3:43 PM

Please reset the SMC several times with all external peripherals disconnected. The reason to do it several times is a SMC may not always work the first time and you want to give it an adequate chance. Instructions are in SMC Reset

Similar questions

2 replies

Keyboard issues -some keys not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.