You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod won't update past 11.2.5

Purchased HomePod 1/24/20 and it won't do any software update to 13.3. Annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 7:53 AM

15 replies

Jan 26, 2020 10:42 PM in response to keithnj0622

My HomePod spent all day stuck on downloading 13.3. I power cycled it and now it says up to date 11.2.5. I reached out to support and apparently its a known issue. They recommended I enabled Install Updates Automatically and that the HomePod should update by itself. They are gonna get back in contact with me on 01/28/2020 to see if its updated by then.

I will updated this when they reach out again, just make sure you don't reset your HomePod if you're not having any other issues.

Jan 27, 2020 7:05 PM in response to evier5

Update: Good News, After spending the whole day saying the software was up-to-date on 11.2.5 my HomePod is currently updating the software. On my iPhone it just shows "Updating" as the HomePod status, but on my iPad it shows that the iOS 13.3 Software is downloading. It's all just a waiting game until it installs. According to support its common for it to take HOURS on the first update so just make sure you have "Install Updates Automatically" Turn on. WISH YOU GUYS LUCK!!

Homepod won't update past 11.2.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.