You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble with typing in iMovie!

Hello,

When I type in Thai, it doesn't show up in the correct format! I was typing in a title. It shows individual ones instead of ones that go on the top. Could anyone please help!

Thanks!

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 8:40 AM

Try changing the font, font size, and/or the title and see if that cures it.

If still no luck, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the font works properly.

Another thing that you can try is to place your photos into a newly created project and see if the font works there.

Sometimes fonts get corrupted. Try going to Applications/Font Book app and select your font from the list. Then, from within the Font Book app, do a File/Validate Font to see if there are any issues with the font. Also, sometimes duplicate fonts can cause problems. You can search for duplicates as well and remove or disable any that you find.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2020 8:40 AM in response to BeamGoosty

Try changing the font, font size, and/or the title and see if that cures it.

If still no luck, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the font works properly.

Another thing that you can try is to place your photos into a newly created project and see if the font works there.

Sometimes fonts get corrupted. Try going to Applications/Font Book app and select your font from the list. Then, from within the Font Book app, do a File/Validate Font to see if there are any issues with the font. Also, sometimes duplicate fonts can cause problems. You can search for duplicates as well and remove or disable any that you find.

-- Rich

I am having trouble with typing in iMovie!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.