You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"An unknown error occurred" when signing in password to my Apple ID

Hey guys! I have been bothered about this pop-up message on my MacBook Air. I am trying to log-in to enter my Apple ID password but I keep getting this message over and over again. The message is "An unknown error occurred"... even though I have changed my password for the nth times and when I log back in I still get the same error message. I am running out of patience and about to throw my laptop out of the window now. If anyone can help me with this please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks much!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 8:35 AM

Is this happening when signing into System Preferences/Apple ID? Some people have solved this by going to System Preferences/Internet Accounts, selecting an iCloud account there, and signing in. You need to repeat this for each iCloud account.

1 reply

"An unknown error occurred" when signing in password to my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.