You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos taken with iPhone 11 Pro Max not appearing in iMac

Sorry, I don't know if this is an iMac or a cloud issue. The iMac is the only device having the issue, so here it goes.

I purchased an iPhone 11 Pro Max this past October. Photos I've taken on that phone appear on the phone itself and on the MacBook Pro running Catalina and my iPad.

The pictures show up when I log into iCloud.com.

They do NOT show up on the iMac running Catalina. I've logged out of the cloud then logged back in again and no pictures still, the pictures it shows in my Photos app only go to October 2019.

At the bottom of the photos app it says "Uploading 6,081 Items" <Pause>. It's been sitting there like that all morning since I've noticed this problem. I hit the Pause then Resume and it's still sitting there.

For what it's worth, this particular computer has always had issues with syncing with the cloud, particularly with music. Now it's photos.

Thanks much in advance!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:49 AM

The issue is with iCloud on your iMac since the rest of your devises sync fine.

For this problem I would actually advice to contact apple there is so many different things to go trough that I think that would be best.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

But you could try and isolate to see if the issue happens in another user:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

And

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2020 6:49 AM in response to sayed292

The issue is with iCloud on your iMac since the rest of your devises sync fine.

For this problem I would actually advice to contact apple there is so many different things to go trough that I think that would be best.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

But you could try and isolate to see if the issue happens in another user:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

And

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Photos taken with iPhone 11 Pro Max not appearing in iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.