You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail taking up 565gigs!!

How do I free up space from my mail? I’ve gone to “Storage” and “manage” and when I click on “mail” is just telling me how much space it’s taking up, not an option to clean it up. I deleted everything from 1-1-19 back to 10-1-12... but it’s shows that nothing has changed.

help!?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 9:15 AM

7 replies

Jan 30, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Ehaines35

I can't tell if you tried the reduce clutter procedure I mentioned above. But, check it out. And, I found this read online. https://www.howtogeek.com/209517/how-to-stop-your-macs-mail-app-from-wasting-gigabytes-of-space/ There are quite a few similar to this one. One thing I know tho is that I would not use any kind of cleaner to deal with mail as suggested in the read. Also, I thought of something else. I have quite a few folders of stored mail, and I keep them on iCloud. They also can be kept on one's Mac. Are you keeping such folders on your Mac. Regardless, tho, I don't you'd have enough folders to make a dent in your many GB's of mail storage.

Oh, and did you delete the mail in Trash as I mentioned earlier, deleting it last?

Mail taking up 565gigs!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.