You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Restore from PC with Windows 10

Please can you tell me how I can restore my iPhone 8 using an OLD backup from a PC using Windows 10?

I use iTunes and not iCloud.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 12:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 4:38 AM

Usually, you tap on the restore button in iTunes, which will erase the phone and set it up again. After that you will be asked to choose a backup to restore from, or if you want to set up the phone "as a new device".

If you choose to restore from previous backup,you should be able to select the old backup from the drop down list, as shown in this picture:

If you don't see the backup listed in this drop down list, you can not use the backup data saved on your computer.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2020 4:38 AM in response to Rutherbobs

Usually, you tap on the restore button in iTunes, which will erase the phone and set it up again. After that you will be asked to choose a backup to restore from, or if you want to set up the phone "as a new device".

If you choose to restore from previous backup,you should be able to select the old backup from the drop down list, as shown in this picture:

If you don't see the backup listed in this drop down list, you can not use the backup data saved on your computer.

Jan 29, 2020 1:51 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you. Yes, I saw that article, but it does not help me. On my PC with Windows 10, it does not give the option to select which backup to restore from. Therefore I assume that the latest backup is used for the restore.

I need to have a restore from a backup that I did a month ago, so I need to pick the backup to be used for the restore. I have interrogated my PC and I can see that the backup exists, but I can't seem to access it.

iPhone 8 Restore from PC with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.