You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air will not update to macOS 10.15.3 help

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 12:25 AM

Mine won’t either. It seems, after endless shutdowns & restarts to try to get to one of many modes (Safe, Recovery, etc) I need to clear some space on my hard drive to reinstall Catalina. I just can’t get to a mode that will let me do it. Safe seems to be what I want but it’s the one mode that makes the whole thing crash. I’m now on day two of trying to fix it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2020 12:25 AM in response to AlanP

Mine won’t either. It seems, after endless shutdowns & restarts to try to get to one of many modes (Safe, Recovery, etc) I need to clear some space on my hard drive to reinstall Catalina. I just can’t get to a mode that will let me do it. Safe seems to be what I want but it’s the one mode that makes the whole thing crash. I’m now on day two of trying to fix it.

Jan 30, 2020 12:22 PM in response to wunnspeed

Thank you, I was having the same issue on my 2017 13" MacBook Pro. Freeing up space fixed it for me. I read somewhere on this site that there's a minimal requirement of free space required in addition to the data from the update itself. It would be nice if there was a pop-up warning you that the update needs X amount of free space before getting applied.

Jan 30, 2020 1:56 PM in response to ThornX

How did you get to where you could remove files? That’s where I’m stuck. Recovery says there’s nothing wrong. Safe just keeps trying to load as long as I hold the Shift key down. As soon as I release it, I get a message saying my computer needs to be restarted due to a problem. Is there another mode that I’ve missed? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.