You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand autosave location

Hey guys so GarageBand was force closed on me. Before I closed I was able to bounce the audio m4a. The problem I’m having is when I now try to open the project, the audio files are not uploading, preventing me from further working on and mixing the song. All of the audio files are in the file contents, but it is over 180 of them. Will I have to re-upload each file and try to manually place them with the instrumental or is there a way to actually locate the “autosave” file of the project that GarageBand creates? Is there a folder anywhere on the Mac where this may be located?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 10:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 31, 2020 4:46 PM in response to keonikade

Hi, keonikade.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, your GarageBand unexpectedly quit before you were able to save your project. Now when you open it, the audio files aren’t uploading, and you’d like to access the file of the project to see if you can find a resolution.

Try this:

- Find the GarageBand project in Finder and secondary click on it. You should see the option to “Show Package Contents”.

- Open the “Media” folder to access the missing audio files.

- Drag the .aif file(s) to another location 

- Open GarageBand and import to a new project.

This Apple Support Communities user also had luck in restoring a Time Machine backup to recover their project: How to recover unsaved project in GarageB… - Apple Community

Hopefully it helps!

Best Regards.

GarageBand autosave location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.