You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help with Kernal Panic

I get so many Kernal Panics now, that it makes using my Macs (two of them) very difficult to work with. my aging Macs seem very prone to Kernal Panics now. the 15" Powerbook, early 2011 model is the worse. I get them several times a day now. I am running High Sierra on it. I am including two reports. I think the one says it has something to do with iCal, and the other one it is the CPU.

Any help is appreciated

this was the one that just happened, can anyone tell me what this report is saying?:

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:28 PM

Hi,

Boot in Safe Mode then normal boot could solve the issue.

If it doesn't help, delete third party kexts and see if it still occurs kernel panic.

Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

8 replies

Feb 25, 2020 5:52 PM in response to gilbert243

Update: since I did the safe boot and disabled all log in items, I have narrowed down two that create issues. One is TSPrintClient which is used to print from quickbooks on a windows server. The other is Dropbox application. Separately, they crash occasionally, but run both together, and the system crashes frequently. So, I am running Dropbox most of the time as I use it every day. I only lunch the TSPrintClient when I need to use it. Since it places itself into the log in items when it launches, I have to remember to go back and remove it when done and then do a restart.

Feb 25, 2020 6:28 PM in response to gilbert243

While some computers can run RAM memory that has a faster spec, The MacBook Pro is not one of them. It uses a fixed memory controller built into the processor, and must use exact correct spec RAM, NOT faster.

Your two kernel panic reports are for access to memory outside the memory map, and occurred in two completely different tasks. That correlates with RAM memory problems.

Replace that RAM in the machine now with the correct spec RAM, and live happily ever after.

You can install up to an 8GB DIMM in each of the two slots, for a total of 16GB. [Do not try to get by with less than 6GB, your Mac will be dog-slow.]

Need Help with Kernal Panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.