You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove accessory from HomeKit

There are three accessories listed in HomeKit that have the “No Response” error. I no longer own these accessories. When I try to remove them, the “Remove Accessory” button does not appear. How do I remove these accessories?

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 7:22 PM

Thanks! The solution was selecting the bridge option from within the accessory settings. The option to remove the bridge was available there. When I removed the bridge, the accessories disappeared.

3 replies

Feb 4, 2020 6:34 PM in response to malmski

Hello malmski, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! From your message I understand that you need to remove some accessories from your Home app and are unable to do so. 

It sounds like you've followed the steps listed under, "Delete your home or remove accessories," from this article: Set up and use the Home app.

If the device used to connect to the Home app through a Bridge, check and see if you have an option for Bridge when you are in the settings for that accessory. I know when I needed to remove a bulb from my Home app, these are the steps I had to take. Some accessories are also set up through the manufacturers app first. Be sure to check there also. 

If you're not seeing any of the above listed options, try working through the following steps:

1 - Quit the Home app with these steps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

2 - Restart your iPhone

3 - Be sure you have turned on the Bluetooth and you're connected to the Wi-Fi of your home network. 

4 - Try removing the device again. 

All the best!.

Can’t remove accessory from HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.